Re: erserver 1.2 problem

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: erserver 1.2 problem
Date: 2003-08-29 17:05:45
Lists: pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 08:13:55AM -0400, Andrew Rawnsley wrote:

> It appears in my case that the ers_addtable is failing to add
> everything it needs to the slave tables, with a:
>
> DBD::Pg::st execute failed: execute on disconnected handle at
> /db/erserver/lib/eRServer.pm line 54, <IN> line 22.
>
> which is the point it actually tries to add stuff to the slave. I'm not
> a perl head, so I'm not sure at the moment how to fix the problem.

Sure looks like the problem.  The versions I used (which are prior to
what was released) all used Pg.pm, and it looks like this was
re-written in DBI.

Anyway, this'll do it for you:

INSERT INTO _rserv_slave_tables_ (tname, cname, reloid, key)
	SELECT r.relname, a.attname, r.oid, a.attnum
	FROM pg_class r, pg_attribute a
	WHERE r.oid = a.attrelid
	AND r.relname = '[your_relation_name]'
	AND a.attname = '_ers_uniq'

(Uh, I _think_ it's called _ers_uniq.  Our older installation uses
the original _rserv_ts locution found in the example rserv script.
Ah, legacy.)

You can add extra slave tables this way, one at a time, if you need
to.

There's an erserver mailing list, BTW.  I'm on it.

----
<andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>                              M2P 2A8
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110