Re: PostgreSQL upgrade -> fails to start server

From: Sander Smeenk <ssm+pgsql(at)freshdot(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL upgrade -> fails to start server
Date: 2003-08-29 16:17:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Quoting Tom Lane (tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us):

> > The nl_NL(at)euro(dot)UTF-8 locale I used 'back then' is incorrect. It's not a
> > real locale, and the newer versions of libc6 and locales that I have
> > installed now don't support the generation of this faulty locale.
> If you believe that your new locale is functionally equivalent to the
> old (which you'd better, if you're going to risk starting the postmaster
> under it), why don't you just make a temporary symlink in
> /usr/lib/locale/ ?

I think this locale setup is a bit different with Debian installations.
/usr/lib/locale/ holds no files except for 'locale-archive' which,
according to file, is a PDP11 executable :P

I tried specifying 'nl_NL(at)euro(dot)UTF-8 nl_NL.UTF-8' in locale.alias, but
to no extent. It still won't start.

Thanks,
Sander