Re: [wx-dev] wxWindows 2.5 snapshot for MacOsX

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(at)poure(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [wx-dev] wxWindows 2.5 snapshot for MacOsX
Date: 2003-08-23 08:47:58
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

A message from the wxWindows list:
>> Dear friends,
>>
>> We would like to produce a wxWindows snapshot for pgAdmin3 project:
>> http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3.
>>
>> Could you point out the requirements for compiling wxWindows
>> CVS version under MacOsX 10.2 with december tools? We also
>> need to compile XRC and STC contribs. Are wxWindows and its
>> contribs gcc3.3 compliant?
>>
>> We do not need special ./configure options except Unicode support.
>
> and that is exactely the thing that you won't get under 10.2, wchar
> headers
> are not there under 10.2... I have not yet found out (since I don't
> want to
> ruin my working machine setup ;-) whether installing the latest gcc
> updates
> cures that, or whether you need to wait for 10.3... we are right now
> in a
> rollercoaster ride with each new gcc 3.3 build from apple, now it
> builds -
> now it won't...

I did notice that wchar_t is defined in stddef.h or something like
that. But there are no wc* functions to go with it!

The way I see it, we can either write all of our own wc* functions,
which is somewhat of a task to do right, or we could do something
really weird and make wxString use CFString on darwin. That might be
harder though.

nm /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib | grep wc

Only wc<->mb conversion functions it seems.

-Dave