Re: [HACKERS] Can't find thread on Linux memory overcommit

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Can't find thread on Linux memory overcommit
Date: 2003-08-21 16:19:48
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

Andrew,

> I see btw that no change has been made to the docs. That's bad IMNSHO.
> The situation with RH is unchanged with today's kernel errata patch,
> too. I propose to submit a doc patch with the following wording, unless
> someone objects or improves it:

First, off, I'm crossing this to PGSQL-DOCS, which is the correct list for doc
patches.

Second, don't you think we should have some mention of the Alan Cox patch?

Otherwise, I think your doc patch is good and needed before we go final.
When we settle the second question, I'll submit a diff for you.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions