My company has an opening for a senior DB engineer with a strong development background and would like to make it available to the list. Development experience with PostgreSQL is a plus.
Some background ... The company is a well-funded early stage startup and currently generating revenue. It was started by experienced founders with deep domain specific technical and market knowledge. The technology, related to large-scale infrastructure software for next generation wireless, Web and Grid services, has received several technology innovation awards. The detailed specifications are provided as attached. You can contact me for more info.
- o -
Senior Database Software Engineer
- Work with other engineers, architects from both application and platform side to deliver innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
- Identify project risks and make recommendations to manage the risks.
- Provide field support to sales teams, technical support and customers.
- Design, implement, document and test high performance real-time architecture.
- Characterize system parameter requirements
- Design and implement high performance data access abstraction layer and storage mechanisms
- Conduct performance analysis
- Evaluate platform technologies & tools
- Design and implement interfaces with relational database
- Support other engineers
- MS or higher in computer science
- 5+ years industry experience delivering commercial software products that generate product revenues
- Requirements analysis, design, coding and testing of scalable, distributed, mission-critical applications
- Linux operating systems
- C++ and Java
- In-depth experience programming in ODBC, JDBC and SQL
- Large-scale commercial relational database programming experience (Oracle, MySQL & PostgreSQL)
- Database and storage system design and performance-tuning experience
- RAID programming experience
- Worked in structured engineering environments with established engineering processes
- Proven results-oriented person with a delivery focus
- Team-player with good communication skills
- Can work independently with critical thinking
- Do-whatever-it-takes commitment
- Customer implementation experience
- Start-up experience
- System development experience
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: Robert Treat||Date: 2003-08-21 22:06:32|
|Subject: PostgreSQL Weekly News - August 21st 2003 ==|
|Previous:||From: David Wheeler||Date: 2003-08-15 01:27:23|
|Subject: Bricolage in Linux Journal|