Re: Ammunition

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ammunition
Date: 2003-08-19 18:38:04
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 09:28:31AM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> Last I checked the only place that mysql is used was in the yahoo
> finance section, and it is used exclusively to power read only content.
> They do have plans to use it in this capacity in other areas, but for
> their heavy read/write stuff the use oracle.

According to a fellow I met from Yahoo who was discussing this, they
use neither MySQL nor Oracle for substantial bits of their system,
but instead a proprietarty, we-wrote-it-ourselves database system
that has qualities just right for their use patterns.

----
<andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>                              M2P 2A8
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110