New and Timestamp Question

From: Dawn Albrecht <oinee(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-chat(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New and Timestamp Question
Date: 2003-08-15 11:30:02
Lists: pgsql-chat
Greets,

I am new to postgres and I'm not even sure if I'm
writing to the correct place but here it goes:

All I want to do is change the timestamp format.  I
can change the 'date' part of it, but the time is
always delivered as: 14:00:00 instead of 2:00:00 PM.
I do not wish to view army time, but regular
non-military time.

I used the Set datestyle command and no matter what I
set it to, the date itself changes, but not the time
format?

Any suggestions?  I will be using the timestamp field
on an ASP and JSP page and I was hoping to just modify
its view in the database itself.

Thank you,

DA