Re: What I would say if someone asked me about no

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>,Merlin Moncure <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>,Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>,pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What I would say if someone asked me about no
Date: 2003-08-15 01:12:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Only current CVS has my Win32 change I already made.  I think it will
> > have to be against current.
>
> 'K, should we wait until v7.4 is branched, or does it matter?  I'm up for
> doing it right now, since we aren't looking for massive stability of that
> branch, only to get the win32 port working to be merged back up into -HEAD
> after ...

Might as well branch now --- it will only last until we start 7.5, at
which point I will roll all those changes into CVS anyway.  I don't
expect people to be doing anything on the branch except compiles and
regression tests.  I don't play on actually doing any release based on
the branch, for instance.