Re: What I would say if someone asked me about no

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Merlin Moncure <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What I would say if someone asked me about no
Date: 2003-08-15 00:36:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

> > Jan is right that we need Win32 maintainers. I want to set up a few
> > things to grow the group, just like Jan did when he added foreign keys:
> >
> > o mailing list
>
> pgsql-hackers-win32?

Good.

> > o cvs branch
>
> did we do this for foreign keys? I thought we'd always avoided doing that

Right. I don't think we did it for foreign keys, but I think we will
need it so multiple people can work and submit patches. I could just
keep a separate Win32 tree here and publish the diffs against current
CVS, if that is better. I can put it up on ftp, so, yea, we don't need
it, and it keeps us honest about tracking win32. What it doesn't do is
to allow folks to get cvs changes to a tree they have already modified.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us