Re: Draft #6: Semi-Final

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Anastasios Hatzis <ahatzis(at)ithcorp(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Draft #6: Semi-Final
Date: 2003-08-13 17:11:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Anastasios,

> Me for Germany. I could translate the 7.4 release to German, distribute
> it via email to our contact list (mostly German IT press) and take the
> phone calls. There are about 35 media contacts explicitly interested in
> press releases by PostgreSQL. Only few are from Austria and Switzerland.
> If anyone else wants to translate, distribute and take the phone calls I
> can provide him/her with this PR list. I would also take calls from
> other european media, but I don't expect much effort, because I don't
> know that much of the other european (often heterogen) markets and can't
> provide any data about there IT press.

You're it. Glad to have the help.

One thing I will ask you is for you to send me your list of press contacts
(name, publication, e-mail). This is for 2 purposes:
1) in case you're unexpectedly unavailable at sometime in the future, and we
still want to mail the German sites;
2) so that we can de-duplicate our list with PostgreSQL Inc. who will be doing
their own release.

> Please keep in mind, that I may need a few days for a good translation.
> Editors are often bored by localized press releases coming up later than
> english originals.

I am trying to give the translators 10 days for translation.

> By the way: should there be an online version of the German press
> releases and where to put it? It wouldn't be a problem to put it at a
> seperate area on www.go-gen.com, but I would prefer something official
> and in corporate design like www.postgresql.com

If somebody designs it, I think we can put it up at advocacy.postgresql.org.
Robert?

> > CONTACT: press(at)postgresql(dot)org
> >
> > PANAMA CITY, PANAMA: SEPTEMBER 1, 2003
> > FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
>
> Though Panama City would be an eye catcher, for German market I
> recommend a city better known for IT, maybe an US city, or Berlin instead.

Hmmm ... well, the point we're trying to make is that it's an international
project. If we could leave off the city entirely, we would but the AP will
just make up a city in that case.

Panama City is where our servers are currently hosted, so it's as good a
location as any. I particularly don't want to use Toronto again because the
press have gotten the idea that PostgreSQL is a "Canadian" project.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions