Draft #6: Semi-Final

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Postgresql Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Draft #6: Semi-Final
Date: 2003-08-13 15:26:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Folks,

Attached is Draft #6 of the press release. This will either be the last or
the next-to-last draft.

Here's what we still need:

1) Rod -- I still need PR contact information for your company.

2) Given that I haven't seen anything from Marc or Geoff, I'll assume that
PGSQL Inc. is *not* doing a seperate replication announcement. If they do,
the Replication paragraph will get cut.

3) Who should be our contact(s)? For e-mail, press(at)postgresql(dot)org is fine.
For non-english versions, the translator will be the contact. But we need
people willing to take phone calls about PostgreSQL. I can do it in the US;
we should also have one person in Australia and one in Europe. Volunteers?

4) Speaking of which, who's lead for the Japanese PostgreSQL community?

5) Revisions to the release: we are NOT going to add anything at this point.
Suggestions on stuff to CUT, however, are welcome, the release is too bloddy
long. Also spelling and grammatical corrections.

6) IMPORTANT: Heather is absolutely right, we need a "Press introduction" page
to send people to from the press release. This should include:
- The release (again)
- links to the advocacy site
- links to download locations
- links to a few articles which laud PostgreSQL.
Is anyone available to do this?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions