Re: pga3 website

From: Darko Prenosil <darko(dot)prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
Cc: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pga3 website
Date: 2003-08-07 17:23:10
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Thursday 07 August 2003 16:35, Dave Page wrote:
> Yes please - if it's good let's have it :-)
>
> Regards, Dave.

It is working, but with precompilled libpq (there is no way to compile libpq
using MinGW jet).
I used wxWindows 2.5 from CVS also compiled using MinGW and precompilled libpq
downloaded with pgaccess. Everithing is working just fine, and I do not see
any differences in compare to downloaded pgadmin binary compilled with VC.

I'm repeating one of the above mentioned mails that describes all needed
changes:

I see that msw is excluded. It was something like:

*libwx_mswud-*)
LIBS="$LIBS ${WX_HOME}/lib/libwx_mswud_stc-${WX_VERSION}.a
${WX_HOME}/lib/libwx_mswud_xrc-${WX_VERSION}.a"
LIBS="$LIBS $WX_NEW_LDFLAGS"
LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -mwindows -Wl,--subsystem,windows"
for every of :
*libwx_mswu-*)
*libwx_mswud-*)
*libwx_mswd-*)
*libwx_msw-*)

Is that just forgotten, or something else ? My last mail did not make
through (I'm not shore why).

I explained needed changes for Makefile so the MinGW build can work.

Now I'm not shore any more is MinGW build will be supported ?

However the following lines are supposed to end up in the Makefile:

WINDRES = windres.exe

pgadmin3_OBJECTS = $(am_pgadmin3_OBJECTS) pgAdmin3.res

pgAdmin3.res: ui/pgAdmin3.rc
$(WINDRES) --include-dir=$(WX_HOME)/include --include-dir=ui -i
ui/pgAdmin3.rc -I rc -o pgAdmin3.res -O coff

MinGW build is working after those changes. Unfortunatelly I'm not that god
in autoconf/automake to make those changes myself.