News Gatewaying in full effect ...

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: News Gatewaying in full effect ...
Date: 2003-08-07 18:27:40
Lists: pgsql-announce

G'day all ...

After alot of headaches with the news2mail software (it doesn't document
anywhere that it won't work with 5.005 *sigh*), I just finished
getting everything life again ...

We currently have two news servers in operation:

news.fr.postgresql.org

and

news.us.postgresql.org

If anyone out there has the resources to provide a public access to the
comp.databases.postgresql.* hierarchy, please contact me ... it would be
nice to be able to spread out, and create a few regional hubs, as well as
to provide redundancy ...

Let us know if there are any problems with the existing servers ...

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org