Re: Seeking PyGreSQL help

From: "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)PyGreSQL(dot)org>
To: "Alastair G(dot) Hogge" <agh(at)tpg(dot)com(dot)au>,pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Seeking PyGreSQL help
Date: 2003-08-05 12:42:32
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Tuesday 05 August 2003 06:09, Alastair G. Hogge wrote:
> Thanks for help. The problem was in pgsql/data/postgresql.conf. I needed to
> change "#tcpip_socket = false" to "tcpip_socket = true"
> I know am able to access my database from within Python, hwover when I try
> the python an cgi script I get an internet server error. Is there more
> options I should know about?

I assume that you mean "Internal Server Error" or ISE.  Whenever your web
server gives an ISE there is something in the error log that tells you what
the problem is.  With Python you will get the exact line with the problem.
From there it is simpy a matter of debugging your code.

If you can't get access to the error logs for whatever reason you can add the
following line to your Python script to see the error in your browser.

import sys
sys.stderr = sys.stdout

You may have to view the source to see the error properly as your browser will
try to "format" it for you.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
PyGreSQL Development Group