Re: Mysql -> Postgresql pitfalls

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmx(dot)net>,"Chad N(dot) Tindel" <chad(at)tindel(dot)net>, Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mysql -> Postgresql pitfalls
Date: 2003-08-04 16:29:13
Lists: pgsql-docs
Folks,

Are we actually arguing about whether or not Postmaster should be allowed to
run as root?

I thought this question was settled, like, 5 years ago.

If migrating MySQL users have trouble with it, maybe we should focus on
supplying a battery of sample startup and maintainence scripts for them
instead of monkeying with PostgreSQL's security setup?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions