Re: [INTERFACES] load database from ascii files

From: markw(at)osdl(dot)org
To: xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net
Cc: xhua(at)cse(dot)ucsc(dot)edu, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] load database from ascii files
Date: 2003-08-01 20:51:54
Lists: pgsql-cygwin pgsql-interfaces

On 1 Aug, Robert Treat wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 00:26, Xinyu Hua wrote:
>> Hi,all
>> I used the TPC-H database population tool DBgen and generated some ascii
>> files contain pipe-delimited load data for tables. How may I get these
>> data loaded to tables and create database in postgresql?
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Xinyu
>>

> If you have the tables created, I think you only need to do
>
> COPY table FROM 'filename' WITH DELIMITER '|'
>
> from inside psql and that should work.
>
> Robert Treat

We have a TPC-H derivative, Database Test 3, that works with PostgreSQL
now, if you're interested in that. You can find your way to it at:
http://www.osdl.org/projects/performance/dbt3-page.html

It uses the dbgen tool and creates the database for you, as well as all
the query templates to the best we could port them to work with
PostgreSQL, and scripts to run a power and throughput test.

Mark