Re: postgresql.conf

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql.conf
Date: 2003-07-30 18:43:11
Lists: pgsql-performance

Robert,

> Are you planning on differentiating between dedicated machines and
multi-server
> machines? For example, a dedicated database for a webserver would be tuned
> differently from a server that was running both the webserver and the
database on
> the same machine.

My thought is when we define "Small Machine" in at the top of the file we
define it as "Small Machine or Multi-Purpose machine". The settings should
be nearly the same for a machine that has only 64MB of *available* RAM as one
that has only 96MB of RAM at all.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions