Re: Draft #5 -- radically re-written

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Draft #5 -- radically re-written
Date: 2003-07-29 23:52:59
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Heather,

> Contact:
> INSERT POSTGRESQL CONTACT NAME/COMPANY/PHONE/EMAIL
>
> INSERT CITY/STATE - August xx, 2003 -

I was getting to that, really ....

> My personal opinion is that their is still too much deep technical detail
> in the body ... but you don't need to waste time reworking the entire
> release. I would cut down on the headers though ... for instance I don't
> think Ram's quote needs and intro ... really quotes should be used to
> transition between ideas, or make third party substantiation claims against
> a key part of your product messaging.

Yeah.   Rod's pseudo-quote does this nicely.  Unfortunately, I have a hard
time finding a place for any part of Ram's quote.   Suggestions?

> Also if you can, you should centralize on one URL ---
> all those URLs in the release are confusing. If you want people to find the
> other stuff I'd have a hotlink on the site you send them to that says
> "Postgres v7.4 info" (or someething like that) and then detail the history,
> download, release, etc.

Sure, if we have time to compose such a page.   Hmmm ... I suppose this can
just be the "technical version" of the release.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

--