Suggestions for the next version

From: Brage Førland <brage(at)zoo(dot)uib(dot)no>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Suggestions for the next version
Date: 2003-07-29 11:45:24
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

A couple of UI-suggestions for the next version of pgadminIII.

I believe pgadmin could benefit from a tighter integration between the view
data tool and the main window.

1. Make the tabs in the right pane refer to the whole right pane, not just
the upper part, and let the DDL-vindow be part of the Properties-tab, or
move it to a separate 'Definition' tab, or into a general SQL-tab.

2. Add a 'View' tab to the pane, essentially an in-place version of the 'view
data' window. This makes it much more easy to browse through many tables.

I also think it would be nice to have a SQL-tab in the right pane, and
moving the Query Tool into this pane instead of having it in a separate
window. However, I'm not really sure whether that is just because I'm used
to Borlands's SQL Explorer or because it really is a good idea.

--
Brage Førland