Re: ruleutils with pretty-print option

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ruleutils with pretty-print option
Date: 2003-07-27 05:41:46
Lists: pgsql-patches

I am seeing the following regression failures from the patch to allow
pretty printing pg_get_*def functions.

Are these illustrating a problem with the function definition, or is it
happening because it is the first time we are calling the same function
with one and more than one parameter?

In fact, it seems you left the one-parameter versions of these functions
in pg_proc.h. I don't think that works. I think you need a wrapper
function for the one-parameter version that calls the two-parameter
version with a valid second parameter value. I can do the work if you
that is the proper way to handle it, or you can submit a new version.

Also, the patch doesn't apply cleanly to CVS anymore because Tom changed
the elogs in the adt directory. I can work around that.

I am attaching the regression failures, and an updated version of your
patch.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

Attachment Content-Type Size