Email disaster

From: Andy Kopciuch <akopciuch(at)olympusproject(dot)org>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Email disaster
Date: 2003-07-27 02:12:31
Lists: pgsql-general

I would like to profusely, on me knees, apologize for an email disaster coming
from my bddf.ca email server.

I was a victim of an apparently nasty bug in the ASK spam scripts where a
continuous loop sends repeated emails to senders. Due to my maxed CPU, and
ASk going completely nuts, I was not receiving any emails, and discovered
this after several had been sent out.

I am so sorry for the annoyance this caused to everyone in the community.

I am now using a different email address, and this problem will never happen
again.

To those out there using ASK scripts, beware. I'll continue to pound my head
against a wall in embarrassment.

Again my apologies.

Sincerely,
Andrew Kopciuch