Re: Role Models Wanted

From: Karsten Hilbert <Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Role Models Wanted
Date: 2003-07-24 00:00:33
Lists: pgsql-general

> I have not looked at this closely enough to know if this meets the
> requested criteria, but it is an extensive database. And hopefully they
> are serious about security :).
>
> http://www.gnumed.org/
*Grin* I wasn't going to suggest it as I am one of the main
developers ... :-)

But I did supply that add-on list in one of the previous
posts.

We *are* serious about security. We have to, not the least
reason for which being HIPAA rules in the US. Guess why we
chose PostgreSQL instead of MySQL ;-)

We do do:

- inheritance
- auditing
- triggers / functions (the latter of which not enough yet)
- grants with groups
- simulated/real read-only connections
- dynamic notifies

Karsten Hilbert, MD
GnuMed i18n coordinator
Leipzig, Germany
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD 4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346