Need clarifications......

From: "Ravi AVK" <ravi_nunet(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need clarifications......
Date: 2003-07-22 14:59:22
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello All,

I am having the following points to get clarified. I am new to
this open source database.

1. I have created a table by giving varchar(100).

Now if i want to increase or decrease the value, i am unable to do
so. I am using the PGManager, the GUI tool for PostgreSQL. The
particular column datatype is being disabled. But when i check for
some other tables, it is enabled over there. I can't understand
why it is happening for some tables only.

2. Is there any way to change the datatype ie., i want to change
from varchar(255) to text datatype. Data is present, can delete
the data but don't want to drop and recreate the same as it will
make me to recreate the references.

I will be happy to get some information regarding these two
points, so that it will help me to understand and study indepth
this open source database.

Thanks in advance.

Ravi
Download the hottest & happening ringtones here!
OR SMS: Top tone to 7333
Click here now:
http://sms.rediff.com/cgi-bin/ringtone/ringhome.pl