Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>,Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>,pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3
Date: 2003-07-22 00:05:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Sean,

> Basically I was trying to say, "re-evaluate PostgreSQL if you tried
> it, but it wasn't quite fast enough and went with Oracle: we should be
> as fast if not faster and we're certainly cheaper."

Why not say that?

Sean Chittenden, PostgreSQL developer and DBA for <your employer>, suggests,
"If you tried PostgreSQL before and it wasn't quite fast enough, and you went
with Oracle, it's time to re-evaluate.   We should be just as fast if not
faster, and we're certainly cheaper."

This is going to the *press*, not the geek community.  Let's be direct and
explicit.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions