Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index?

From: "Brian Johnson" <bjohnson(at)johnson-engineering(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index?
Date: 2003-07-16 12:22:36
Lists: pgsql-novice
I keep getting this error from a complex, multi-table php app

postgres[4513]: [4] ERROR:  Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index
lang_pkey

To help me find the problem, is there a way to get logging to show what table the
error is caused by or what SQL code is causing it?

Also, from researching this problem on the internet, it look slike the unique index
would normally have three segments table_field_key .. any idea why this one is
listed differently?

pgsql-novice by date