PostgreSQL Advocacy Fund and New Banner Ads

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Advocacy Fund and New Banner Ads
Date: 2003-07-09 03:35:13
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

POSTGRESQL ADVOCACY FUND

Robert Treat has been selected by the Core Team as Treasurer for our new
PostgreSQL Advocacy Fund. Robert will soon be setting up an account in
the U.S. for receiving donations for the promotion of PostgreSQL. This
fund will be used primarily to print promotional materials and provide
travel and trade show funding, and will be managed by the PostgreSQL
Advocacy team, with oversight by the core group. Once the fund is ready,
we will make an announcement explaining how to donate.

NEW BANNER AD POLICY FOR POSTGRESQL.ORG

You will have noticed the two banner advertisements on each PostgreSQL.org
web site. The PostgreSQL Core Team has decided on a new policy whereby
these ads will benefit the project and our community.

One advertisement is a Sponsorship Banner Ad. It will be advertised to
commercial companies who wish to reach the rather specialized target
market of PostgreSQL users and developers. The revenue from this ad will
be split: 50% will go into the PostgreSQL Advocacy Fund, and the other 50%
will go to Hub.org to compensate hosting costs for the PostgreSQL.org
domain.

If you work for a computer hardware, software, or services company which
might be interested in supporting PostgreSQL and reaching an audience of
programmers and database administrators, please contact Hub.org about
posting an ad. Details are at: http://www.postgresql.org/sponsor.html

The second advertisement is a Free Open Source Banner Ad, which is
available to other Open Source projects which relate to PostgreSQL in some
way. For those of you who participate in other OSS projects, you are
encouraged to design and submit ads for this spot. For details, see:
http://www.postgresql.org/project.html