Re: Migrating DB

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: lerkista(at)gmx(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Migrating DB
Date: 2003-07-07 16:15:08
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:40:03PM +0200, lerkista(at)gmx(dot)net wrote:
> Hi, i have to migrate a DB made in Informix, it has a interface made in
> Informix-4GL, is a telnet interface
> to allow the people enter data in the DB, is for a sales company, to store
> inventorys, etc

That has been done before. But we need more info. Are you looking for a
tool to replace Informix 4GL or what are you looking for?

> What tools are available to use with Progresql to make a interface like this
> one??
> I want an interface for users, not for admin

So you want to recreate the interface right? Does Informix 4GL generate
embedded SQL C code? Or how do you use it?

Michael who is working on very similar situation right now.
--
Michael Meskes
Email: Michael at Fam-Meskes dot De