Re: Romanian translation

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: "Nagy Karoly" <nagykaroly(at)expert-software(dot)ro>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Romanian translation
Date: 2003-07-04 08:35:35
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Thursday 03 July 2003 09:16, Nagy Karoly wrote:
> I use pgAdminII for a while now and I find it very usefull so I'd like to
> help you with the Romanian translation (romanian is my mother tongue).
> Thank you for this (pgAdmin) great tool and for sharing it with the world.

Dear Nagy,

Thank you for your kind proposal. pgAdmin3 is in the latest steps before
released. It is being developped using the wxWindows framework and can be
installed under Ms Windows, GNU/Linux, FreeBSD and other Unix flavours.
pgAdmin3 includes native connection libraries (no ODBC layer).

To install pgAdmin3, the best is to download the daily binary snapshots
compiled (nearly) everyday. Installation information can be found here:
http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/snapshots.html
http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/unix_compilation.html

The translation steps are explained here:
http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/translation_steps.html

Also, stick as much as possible to the English when translating db objects:
http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/translation_guidelines.html

Do not hesitate to get back to us for any question.
Cheers, Jean-Michel