Re: Fundraising

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fundraising
Date: 2003-06-29 18:47:33
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Elein, Rod:

> Import or export. I think the idea was for the CD label, insert, and/or
> brochure to be in OOo format. My preferences for the logo would be png
> then jpeg. I avoid gif as much as possible.

Correct ... I was talking about the CD cover, not the logo.

BTW, the patent on GIF expires sometime real soon (i.e within the month), or
has already expired, which will actually make it a safer format than png,
which could still run afoul of a hidden patent. Ironic, hey?

If our volunteer (anybody? Bueller?) doesn't like OOo Draw for making CD
covers, then you could use Kontour, which is another OSS vector-drawing
program. I'd love to provide SXD-format labels from OOo project, but can't
seem to locate any -- only the finished products in PNG.

The idea is that whatever format we use, it should be something that anyone in
our community can read and modify, without needing to re-create from scratch
in order to change the text, or to purchase expensive proprietary software.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions