Re: Fundraising

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>,elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fundraising
Date: 2003-06-26 18:13:50
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Scott,

> The first place donations should go is to defray the costs of hosting the
> postgresql project (www.postgresql.org, bruce's candle site, etc...)
>
> Once those things are payed for THEN the extra money can be used for
> marketing efforts, but in my opinion, the first place to spend any
> donations is on defraying the costs that folks have incurred for hosting /
> bandwidth

*grin*  Marc will be glad to hear that.

Paying for hosting/bandwidth is not currently a problem; we are doing OK
money-wise and Marc has assured me that our catastrophic e-mail outage will
be the last (the outage happened in part due to upgrades intended to improve
stability + backup, which are finished now).

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions