Tracing used SQL statments

From: Matthew Pinhorn <matthew(dot)pinhorn(at)iona(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Tracing used SQL statments
Date: 2003-06-25 17:56:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I am wondering if somebody can help me. I want to know if there is a
way that I can make some kind of a log file of all of the SQL statements that
are used in my database. It was suggested to make that I could make a trace
of them and I am not sure how to do that.

I have inherited a database from a former co-worker and now I am
starting to get crashes. The crashes has SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL
messages in the log file. So I think that there is a lock on the database.
And if I can see the queries that are causing the crash I might be able
to fix the problem.

Thanks

Matthew

--
Matthew Pinhorn E-Mail: mailto:matthew(dot)pinhorn(at)iona(dot)com
IONA WWW: http://www.orbacus.com