Runtime Configuration Docs

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Runtime Configuration Docs
Date: 2003-06-13 00:34:19
Lists: pgsql-docs
Folks,

Attached is my altered version of RUNTIME.SGML, per the discussions on
re-ordering the runtime options on HACKERS.

My apologies that half the below are "newbie" questions; I am new to Docbook
and this is my first attempt to modify the official docs.  In my favor, the
re-organizing took about 4.5 hours of cut-and-paste.

Questions:
1) Can someone check my SGML?   I am not familiar with Docbook, and I did this
using a simple text editor (there being no Docbook Gui that I could find).

2) If it parses, can someone recommend a docbook-to-html tool so I can read
the darn thing?  I tried one off freshmeat but it didn't seem to work.

3) two new options, ADD_MISSING_FROM and HAS_RENDEZVOUS have been left blank.
Who will be documenting those?  I can do the first, if wanted.

4) The Hackers list has generally (Tom, Jan, Bruce) indicated that the
"developer" options (TRACE_*, WAL_DEBUG, ZERO_DAMAGED_PAGES, etc.) should
*not* go on the RUNTIME.SGML page.  Any idea where we can put them instead?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

pgsql-docs by date