Want to start Postmaster automatically.

From: "hiren hasmukhlal parmar" <parmar_hiren(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Want to start Postmaster automatically.
Date: 2003-06-07 08:24:48
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hello Sir/Madam,
       How are you?? I have manually installed PostgreSQL 7.1.x in
my computer system having OS Redhat linux 7.2. I have followed the
manual for installation which was provided with the CD when i
purchased the respective book. In the manual they specify to
explicitly start the postmaster and then we are able to manipulate
with the databases.
        Now when i reboot the system, and try to manipulate with
the databases without expilicity starting the postmaster, it shows
an error. When i explicitly start the postmaster, it permits
manipulation of databases.
      Is there any way of starting the POSTMASTER automatically
during system boot up so we can direclty manipulate with the
databases.
      Actually we are working in an multiuser enviornment and the
ordinary user does not have the authorities of manipulating with
the postmaster.
      Just provide the required help for me and if it is not
possible to provide a solution from your side then please please
forward it to the respective department and tell them to guide me
out. Please reply to this email very very soon. Please specify
where should i check out for the answer of this query, on my
personal email or on the website.
     Hoping for your cooperation and assistance.

Thanking you,

Yours Faithfully,
Hiren.

Get www. mycompany .com and 5 matching email ids.
Just Rs. 1499/ year.
Click here http://www.rediffmailpro.com

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Roar PettersenDate: 2003-06-09 17:57:43