Re: pgAdmin3 snapshots

From: Franco Bruno Borghesi <franco(at)akyasociados(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr, Darko Prenosil <darko(dot)prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin3 snapshots
Date: 2003-05-29 14:55:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Does anyone know if pgadmin3 still opens 1 connection for each database existing in the server?

The problem I had with pgadmin2 is that I had 10 users, and about 20 databases in my server.... when
we were all working, my server had lots of backends running, and of course, hundreds of MB of swap space used,
even if we all were using the same database. I think its ODBC's fault.

Another tool I've tried is pgexplorer (http://www.pgexplorer.com/), you have to pay for it too, its good,
but not as good as pgmanager.

Anyway, my personal opinion is that PSQL is the best tool by far.

Here you'll a list of other GUIs available: http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/GUITools