schema-qualified permission problem

From: Charlie Toohey <ctoohey(at)pacbell(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: schema-qualified permission problem
Date: 2003-05-28 19:58:00
Lists: pgsql-sql

Why can't my primary user (ttvuser) access tables (owned by owneruser) for
which they've been granted access? I can describe the table, but can't
read it.

===================
Here's what I'm getting:

ttvdev=> \c - owneruser
Password:
You are now connected as new user owneruser.
ttvdev=> \d
List of relations
Schema | Name | Type | Owner
--------+------------------------+----------+--------
owneruser | users | table | owneruser

ttvdev=> select count(*) from owneruser.users;
count
-------
0
(1 row)

ttvdev=> \dp
Access privileges for database "ttvdev"
Schema | Table | Access privileges
--------+------------------------+---------------------------------
owneruser | users | {=,owneruser=arwdRxt,ttvuser=arwd}

ttvdev=> \c - postgres
Password:
You are now connected as new user postgres.
ttvdev=# select count(*) from owneruser.users;
count
-------
0
(1 row)

ttvdev=> \c - ttvuser
Password:
You are now connected as new user ttvuser.
ttvdev=> \d owneruser.users
Table "owneruser.users"
Column | Type | Modifiers
--------------------+-----------------------------+-----------
user_id | integer | not null
initials | character varying(3) | not null
username | character varying(18) | not null
password | character varying(25) | not null
email | character varying(256) | not null
authenticationdate | timestamp without time zone |
creationdate | timestamp without time zone |
modifydate | timestamp without time zone |
userlastmodified | timestamp without time zone |
adminlastmodified | timestamp without time zone |
autologin | character varying(1) |
active | character varying(1) |
passhint | character varying(25) |
firstname | character varying(40) |
lastname | character varying(40) |
sex | character varying(6) |
department | character varying(40) |
manager_flag | character varying(1) |
phone | character varying(50) |
Indexes: pk_users primary key btree (user_id)

ttvdev=> select count(*) from owneruser.users;
ERROR: owneruser: permission denied