Re: PHP vs Cold Fusion vs Zope

From: Aarni Ruuhimäki <aarni(dot)ruuhimaki(at)kymi(dot)com>
To: "Sugrue, Sean" <Sean(dot)Sugrue(at)analog(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PHP vs Cold Fusion vs Zope
Date: 2003-05-27 20:17:55
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hello,

We have been using CF Pro Linux on RH-machine for about two years now. It is
very fast and powerful for all kinds of applications but has some typical
non-native features like enormous memory consumption. And the license. The
license price is not maybe too bad, considering that with a single machine
license you can manage a virtual domain server.

BR,

aarni

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 19:07, you wrote:
> I am looking for some opinions on what to use for WEB development and
> client interface (i.e. functionality, ease of use) along with query
> speed
> using Postgresql. My colleagues are pushing zope with Python, but I'm
> not
> not sure it's worth the time investment, given that it is not as easy to
> learn
> as PHP or CF for basic functional Web pages that show histogram and
> other statistical
> tools. What do you think? And what are other people using?
>
> Sean
> Product Test Engineer
> Pilot production group

Aarni Ruuhimäki
Megative Tmi
KYMI.com

Pääsintie 26
45100 Kouvola

info(at)kymi(dot)com / aarni(dot)ruuhimaki(at)kymi(dot)com

05 - 3755 035 / 050 - 4910 037
Linux RedHat 7.3. / KDE 3.0