From: torkian(at)ce(dot)sharif(dot)edu
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Date: 2003-05-26 16:17:59
Lists: pgsql-docs

REDHAT 9 and encryption
Hello everybody,

I've installed a full REDHAT 9 as a server and using its postgresql
service ...
but I see difference between this version and the one on REDHAT 8.

it seems that it save's password's as MD5, and older clients don't support
this kind of encryption.

on the other hand when I change the md5 in pg_hba.conf file to "crypt" it
gives me an error that your passwords have been saved as md5 ....

so what should I do???!!
note that I change the password's in the psql shell with : " ALTER USER
.. PASSWORD ... "

any help???!!

thanks,
payam.