Re: GUI Tools For PostgreSQL

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GUI Tools For PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-05-10 16:12:25
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
> I do *not* want to arbitrate between the PGAdmin and PGAccess projects to
> decied who's the default.  No way.

Arbitrating between pgAdmin and pgAccess is not at stake here. User have needs
and software producers like the PostgreSQL community tend to answer these
needs.

In the case of PostgreSQL, users needs a web interface (1) and a
multi-platform GUI (2). Other tools like pgsql are already provided.
Therefore, in my opinion, the question at stake is:

"does a bundle including a web interface and a multi-platform GUI will
speed-up the adoption of PostgreSQL?"

I can't answer myself, it's your choice as a community.

Cheers, Jean-Michel