Re: 2nd nested trasanctions supporting patch

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 2nd nested trasanctions supporting patch
Date: 2003-05-08 12:06:20
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 11:44:00PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

Hackers,

> This is the second patch for the nested transactions stuff. This one
> removes the global variables used in Snapshots (QuerySnapshot,
> SerializableSnapshot, SnapshotDirty, RecentXmin, RecentGlobalXmin and
> ReferentialIntegritySnapshotOverride) and puts the whole bunch in a
> single struct.

In a private email exchange with Manfred he has suggested several
useful ideas regarding these patches, so I will be working on them and
I will post updated versions whenever they are ready. In the meantime,
please disregard the posted versions. Althought I think the first one
(stack-ification of the deferred trigger queue) will be quite similar to
the posted patch, the second will probably disappear.

Thanks for your attention and sorry for being so slow,