DB Migration Wizard error opening MDB file

From: Scott Chapman <scott_list(at)mischko(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DB Migration Wizard error opening MDB file
Date: 2003-05-07 20:26:21
Lists: pgadmin-support
I made a local copy of a network shared database.
When I run the Database Migration Wizard (current version of PgAdmin2 and the
Migration Wizard) it asks for the Access .mdb file, username and password.  I
put them in (for administrator).

Then a dialog pops up asking for the MS JET OLE DB Initialization Information.
I don't know what to put in the Provider String slot and I've tried a couple
read only and read write opening modes.  I always get this error back:

An error has occured in Database Migration Wizard:Database Migration
Wizard:frmWizard.dbConnect:

Number: -2147217843
missing or opened exclusively by another user.

The shared version of the Access file out on the network requires a username
and password to access it.  The local copy doesn't (when using Access).

I've tried leaving the username and password blank but then it moves forward
to eventually give me a read permission error.

I'd love to try this wizard but I'm stumped!  Please help if you know the way
around these Access databases.  I'm not at all savvy about them.

TIA,
Scott

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Scott ChapmanDate: 2003-05-07 21:10:04