Re: Meeting on May 14: Please RSVP

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: eric(at)ericwalstad(dot)com
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Meeting on May 14: Please RSVP
Date: 2003-05-03 17:10:32
Lists: sfpug
I have used plypthon.  It is great with triggers.  There is an
article I wrote in the current issue of General Bits about
running aggregation with plpython.  A more complete version
of that article is the topic of the talk proposal I submitted to
OSCON via David Wheeler.

elein
General Bits: http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/
PS: the idea of running aggregation with plpython
was originally david gould's.

On Friday 02 May 2003 22:38, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Eric,
>
> > I'd like to attend, mostly to watch and listen.  I don't have any active
> > pg projects at the moment.  All three of the proposed presentations
> > sound really interesting.
> >
> > Just as a side note...
> > As a PostgreSQL newbie and a Python zealot, I'd like to learn more about
> > PL/Python.  Do any others have an interest in this topic?  I'd love to
> > see a presentation on PL/Python.  If no one has messed around with it,
> > I'd be willing to learn it and present what I learn at a future meeting
> > (assuming there's interest, of course!)  Appologies if this is a lame
> > newbie suggestion.
>
> No, the only "dumb newbie" thing you did was to reply to just me an not the
> list <grin>
>
> I don't do python (at least not yet; when Parrot comes out, who knows?).  Has
> anyone else used PL/python?
>
> I look forward to meeting you at the meeting!
>
> --
> Josh Berkus
> Aglio Database Solutions
> San Francisco

elein(at)varlena(dot)com     Database Consulting     www.varlena.com
PostgreSQL General Bits    http:/www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/
   "Left foot, right foot, left foot, breathe.
   Right foot, left foot, right foot, breathe." --Father Tom