Re: Food in May, June?

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Food in May, June?
Date: 2003-04-30 23:53:41
Lists: sfpug
On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 02:43:25PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> David,

> > I don't mean to sound like a wet blanket here, but Four Seas'
> > "food" can produce about a millitorr of vacuum.

> Actually, the Four Seas deliberately serves bland, starchy food to
> BALUG, at the request of the organizers, according to one BALUG
> member.   I've been told their regular cuisine is much better.

I apologize to the Four Seas for the inference.  What on earth are the
BALUG people doing instead of thinking?

> > For meetings over food, the realm of 9th & Irving has a lot of
> > choices, all good, including Italian, Thai, Japanese & Cajun. :)
> >
> > Downside: no BART.
>
> Yes.   I phoned Canvas Cafe about using one of their galleries, but
> they never got back to me.

Generally, just showing up has worked very well for SF-Perl :)

Cheers,
David Fetter david(at)fetter(dot)org http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 510 893 6100    cell: +1 415 235 3778

Gladstone: "Sir, you will die by hanging or by a horrible disease!"
Disraeli: "That depends, sir, upon whether I embrace your principles
or your mistress."