Re: Compiling cvs code with Cygwin problems

From: Francisco Figueiredo Jr(dot) <fxjrlists(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compiling cvs code with Cygwin problems
Date: 2003-04-29 11:41:08
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
 --- Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net> escreveu:
> All,

Hi

> PostgreSQL CVS no longer builds cleanly under Cygwin -- although, it
> does so under Linux (no surprise). :,)  My plate is full right now.  So,
> if anyone would like to help fix the Cygwin build, it would be much
> appreciated...

:(

> Francisco,
>
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 11:03:49AM -0300, Francisco Figueiredo Jr. wrote:
> > I tried to compile 7.4 from cvs and I got some problems:
>
> I just tried it myself.  See my comments in-line, below...

Ok.

> > The first is the <port/win32defs.h> not found. I couldn't find it
> > anywhere!
>
> Me neither.
>
> > Where can I find it??
>
> Sorry, but I don't know.
>
> > So I commented it out from the header and it started to compile.
>
> I used the following workaround instead:
>
>     touch src/include/port/win32defs.h

Much better approach!

> > Later I got linking problems in the ecpg with a lot of unresolved
> > references.
>
> I can confirm the above.
>
> > I could get ride of some of them by including some .o from pgtypeslib
> > dir in the OBJS of Makefile,
>
> I didn't try the above (yet).
>
> > but it still gives me this error:
> >
> > ================
> > make -C ecpglib all
> > make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/voidmain/PostgresqlCVS/pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpgold/ecpglib'
> > dlltool --export-all --output-def ecpg.def execute.o typename.o ...
> > [snip]
> >
> > descriptor.o(.text+0x102):descriptor.c: undefined reference to
> `__imp__sqlca'
> > descriptor.o(.text+0x7c6):descriptor.c: undefined reference to
> `__imp__sqlca'
> > data.o(.text+0x3ce):data.c: undefined reference to `__imp__sqlca'
> > [snip]
> > connect.o(.text+0xaed):connect.c: undefined reference to
> `_ecpg_compat_mode'
> > misc.o(.text+0x1a):misc.c: undefined reference to `__imp__sqlca'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > dllwrap: gcc exited with status 1
>
> It's just a WAG, but the above smells like missing DLLIMPORTs...

Uhmmmmm. Sorry for my ignorance, but what does WAG stand for?

> I do not get the above.  However, I get the following instead:
>
>     dllwrap -o plpgsql.dll --dllname plpgsql.dll --def plpgsql.def ...
>     fu000001.o(.idata$3+0xc): undefined reference to `_libpostgres_a_iname'
>     [snip]
>     fu000006.o(.idata$3+0xc): more undefined references to
> `_libpostgres_a_iname' follow
>     nmth000000.o(.idata$4+0x0): undefined reference to
> `__nm__error_context_stack'
>     Info: resolving _error_context_stack by linking to
> __imp__error_context_stack (auto-import)
>     collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>     dllwrap: gcc exited with status 1
>
> Sounds like a missing DLLIMPORT again.

Uhmmm...
> > [snip]
> > I know this is cvs code and it is subjected to this type of problems.
>
> Yup!
>
> > I'd like to know if this is the case or it may be some problem of
> > cygwin or my setup here.
>
> The errors from the plpgsql part of your build indicates a potential
> problem with your Cygwin setup.  Are you running the latest of the
> relevant development tools?

I think so, but I will grab the latest dev tools for sure.

> Thanks for the heads up regarding the Cygwin build issues.

You are welcome. I'd like you know I could compile 7.4 from a snapshot from
ftp;postgresql.org in the dev dir. I still got the ecpg problem, but it didn't
have the win32defs.h neither the bison problem.
I created a database and could send some queries from psql :)

Thanks for attention Jason!

=====
Regards,
Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
---
- Indira Gandhi

Yahoo! Mail
O melhor e-mail gratuito da internet: 6MB de espaço, antivírus, acesso POP3, filtro contra spam.
http://br.mail.yahoo.com/