Re: PostgreSQL installation problems

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Chris Johnstone <chris_j_johnstone(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL installation problems
Date: 2003-04-29 02:34:45
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Chris,

Please post instead of sending private email.

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 10:18:52AM -0700, Chris Johnstone wrote:
> I followed your directions to the letter but I still continue to get
> the same error message in EMS PostgreSQL Manager:
>
> could not connect to server: No connection could be made because the
> target machine actively refused it. (0x0000274D)

Sorry, but I have no idea what is the "EMS PostgreSQL Manager".

> Is the server running on host localhost and accepting TCP/IP
> Connections on port 5432?

Did you start postmaster with the "-i" option? Did you edit the
pg_hba.conf file as neccessary to allow the required TCP/IP connection?
Does "psql -h localhost template1" work?

> Basically I'm not sure what to do here. I've been fiddling with this
> for 3 hours and can create databases in the command prompt and such.
> Any advice?

See above.

Jason

Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6