Re: adding times togeather

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: ed despard <despareg(at)clarkson(dot)edu>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: adding times togeather
Date: 2003-04-28 22:25:54
Lists: pgsql-general

I can't tell what you want. Adding two times doesn't make sense. What is
3:15pm + 4:30am or 5:15 April 3 2003 + 4:27 June 14 1997. No such beast
exists. I suspect that one of your "times" is really an interval.

You can:
Subtract two times and get an interval
Add an interval to a time to get a time
Add two intervals to get an interval

What are you trying to do? It might help to tell us what the two columns
represent and what the result is supposed to represent.

Cheers,
Steve