Change to Advocacy Site requested

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Change to Advocacy Site requested
Date: 2003-04-18 17:42:32
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Robert, Justin:

The current "Ask us about PostgreSQL" form on the advocacy site,
http://advocacy.postgresql.org/request/

... has options for response time which include "ASAP" and "Immediately".

Given that I am the one now funneling the responses, I feel that this is
unreasonable and leads to false expectations.

I propose one of two alternatives:
1) We remove that drop-down and replace it with the text: "Your question will
be answered by our volunteers. Please be patient, they will probably get
back to you within a day or two."

2) Somebody else take over this duty.

--
-Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533