Need solution to decode data from bytea field

From: "iran" <iran(at)isic(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need solution to decode data from bytea field
Date: 2003-04-13 13:22:37
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi. Does anybody have a solution to decode binary data restored from bytea
field? Some class which does this task, for example?

I don't wanna use BLOB API because my application must be "cross database",
so it is intended to work with any JDBC driver for any database (or the most
popular) and I think bytea is more appropriate for that.

Also, I don't wanna use 7.2 jdbc driver, because something is going wrong
when I use it with jakarta's torque api (it's the persistence framework I
use to make my applications cross database), so I have to use latest driver
(7.3).

Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance.

iran