Modern C++ Interface

From: Peter Jones <pjones(at)pmade(dot)org>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Modern C++ Interface
Date: 2003-04-09 18:15:46
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hello all. I have written a modern C++ interface for postgresql and
wanted to talk about donating it to the project. By "modern C++" I mean
an interfaces that makes use of modern C++ techniques such as exceptions
and iterators.

This C++ code provides a nice API wrapper for libpq. I have not released
to code to the public yet, but I have used it in a few of my
applications. Right now the code is tagged with a BSD license and is
available though my anonymous CVS server.

The cvs web interface:
http://pmade.org/cvs/viewcvs.cgi/pgee/

Shortcut to headers:
http://pmade.org/cvs/viewcvs.cgi/pgee/include/pgee/

I would be willing to maintain this code as a separate project, but I
think it would better serve the community if it was part of postgres.

--
Peter Jones <unix;c++;crypto;xml;vi;4wd;geek> [ http://pmade.org ]
PGP Fingerprint: 0A2B F8AB 63CF F7A2 556F F892 5B43 7370 A4B6 E0DF