Bug #934: readline.h not found during configure

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #934: readline.h not found during configure
Date: 2003-04-05 01:03:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bill Eichin (bill(at)eichin(dot)org) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
readline.h not found during configure

Long Description
I'm running debian woody, and I've been revisiting this problem for several months. I had no choice during compile except to select --without-readline in order to move on in the compile process. Just about twenty minutes ago, I found that installing the "libedit-dev" package provided me with the "/usr/include/libedit/libreadline.h file. Symlinking /usr/include/libedit to /usr/include/libreadline made the configure process succeed without disabling readline.

I don't know exactly who to complain to, or what exactly to complain about. So, here it it, and if you want to check out the details, I'll get you a logon into the server I'm doing this on. Thanks, in advance, for having a bug reporting system :)

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report