pgsql-server/src/bin/psql command.c common.c c ...

From: momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql-server/src/bin/psql command.c common.c c ...
Date: 2003-03-20 06:43:35
Lists: pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:	/cvsroot
Module name:	pgsql-server
Changes by:	momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org	03/03/20 01:43:35

Modified files:
	src/bin/psql   : command.c common.c common.h input.c large_obj.c
	                 mainloop.c prompt.c startup.c variables.c
	                 variables.h

Log message:
	I'm continuing to work on cleaning up code in psql.  As things appear
	now, my changes seem to work.  Some possible minor bugs got squished
	on the way but I can't be sure without more feedback from people who
	really put the code to the test.

	The new patch mostly simplifies variable handling and reduces code
	duplication.  Changes in the command parser eliminate some redundant
	variables (boolean state + depth counter), replaces some
	"else if" constructs with switches, and so on.  It is meant to be
	applied together with my previous patch, although I hope they don't
	conflict; I went back to the CVS version for this one.

	One more thing I thought should perhaps be changed: an IGNOREEOF
	value of n will ignore only n-1 EOFs.  I didn't want to touch this
	for fear of breaking existing applications, but it does seem a tad
	illogical.

	Jeroen T. Vermeulen

pgsql-committers by date

Next:From: Bruce Momjian - CVSDate: 2003-03-20 06:46:30